Sunday, November 22, 2009

This ain't yo mama's mommy blog

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of criticisms about mommy blogs. That all we mommy bloggers do is write about our perfectly happy lives, perfect children, perfect marriages and perfect homes. All that's done is thrown me into a conniption and has made me want to write about it on my mommy blog. What I say to that is eew. I've seen plenty of awesome mommy blogs and plenty of lame non-mommy blogs. I'd post some links but that would be mean. I'll just send them to you via email. The truth is that I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 4 other people and sometimes that can really suck. And my kids are mostly great but sometimes they're so whiny I just want to peel my ears off. And my marriage is wonderful but we've had our fair share of issues and, um, tiffs. And I'm a mostly happy person but I have to work at having a positive attitude, not being a giant stress case, a worrier, an impatient witch, and a complete slob. And I love therapy. So buyyya you mommy blog critics.

note: it's kind of funny I'm even writing about this because I'm pretty sure 99.9% of my readers are mommy bloggers, too.

Now, back to my perfect children. . .


We thought the perfect mohawk deserved the perfect outfit and tattoo.


This is Ryan impersonating a ticked-off me. He's got it all wrong. Ok, ok, he's actually right.


This is what our perfect, precious, angelic Macie did after I asked her to lie down so I could put a diaper on her. Who knew that the bladder in a tiny 2 year old could be so big?

11 comments:

Heidi said...

I love this post! I laughed out loud at Juliet's picture - awesome.

Gordita said...

*gulp* I'm feeling guilty. I love hearing about Ryan and Macie, and now Juliet. Personally (and not that my opinion really matters) I think you represent yourself and your family well on the blog. You're centered. And I truly enjoy reading it.

Now I'm leaving with my tail between my legs.

Kim said...

Gordita, no reason to feel guilty. I actually really liked your post about blogs. The critics I'm referring to probably don't even read my blog.

Jen said...

Way to keep it real Kim. I hope my blog doesn't portray us as "too perfect" or "lame" either. :)

LOVE that picture of Juliet. Do you have more? The purple tutu, mohawk, and tattoo are too great a combination.

Kim said...

Jen, we just took a few but they all look pretty much the same. One of these days I'll have to take some more official looking ones to hang on the wall:).

Gordita said...

BTW, I LOVE the tattoo and Mohawk action. The expression on her face and the little half-formed fist just make it all the better.

Carrie Merino said...

This post definitely put a smile on my face!

JonesFamilyBlog said...

I love your blog because I always laugh when I read it. I personally love mommy blogs because a lot of the time it's not about perfection, but updates and occasionally, some "real life" situations (complaints, pee on the couch, etc)that I can relate to. So, thanks for helping me to relate and stay updated on your life!

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

You crack me up! Love the pics! We all do mommybloging but probably b/c it helps us forget all the less happy things in our day!

Alan and Jeni said...

I can always count on you to say it like it is, and I think that's why I like you (and your blog) so much. You are hilarious and all the while, real. Thanks!

Dalene said...

Sorry I missed this when it was posted. I appreciated your comments on "mommy blogs" and agree - surprise, surprise. Lately, I can't even share my "the truth of the matter is..." statements because they are too darn depressing for me. Oy.