Wednesday, December 9, 2009

P Town

For Thanksgiving we headed to Portland. We have a bunch of kids now and a minivan so it felt like our first "real" family roadtrip. All of you people who are contemplating getting a family car any time soon--GET THE DVD PLAYER. Best decision we ever made. Well, one of the best. Here are some highlights from the trip:


This is Annette's (Rich's sister) backyard. The kids loved it. There's even a little creek at the bottom of the hill.


Ryan spotted this deer in their yard. So cool. All we spot in our "yard" is dirty squirrels and feral cats.


Rich was SO one with nature.


We took the kids to the Portland zoo. Very fun. Macie found her window friend, Marcie.


I've seen sea lions a hundred times but I never realized how big they were until I took this picture of Ryan standing in front of one. Huge!


I love feeding lorakeets and I dragged everyone to the lorakeet exhibit. The $1 for Rich's cup of sugar water was the best buck we spent that day. First, there were 2 lorakeets on him.


Then three.


Number four came along.


Number five couldn't resist.


This one wanted to be closer to his charming smile.


This one loved Rich's magnetic personality.


This one gave him a special gift.

Seriously, the birds were freakishly attracted to him. Call him The Lorakeet Whisperer. People were even trying to lure the birds away from him but it wouldn't work. He has a gift people.


Juliet was a trooper in the cold. She had about 5 layers of clothing on.


Rich's brother in law got fancy suite tickets to the Trailblazers game. Ryan had so much fun but was disappointed that he couldn't play in the game.


Juliet got lots of attention from people in the suite.


On to the Portland Children's Museum. Here's Macie working on some clay.


In case you didn't get a look at her lovely locks, here's a close up. Please don't call CPS on me.


Here's Rich's piece of art. He's so practical.


Here's Ryan and his Uncle Keith (yep, he's single and available ladies!!) with their creations. Ryan luuuuuuuuuvs his Uncle Keith. He drove all the way from SLC to hang out with the rest of us.


Here's Rich, Keith and Annette. Her family was so sweet to host us.

Awesome trip.

4 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

Hahaha! Love these pics. These might be my favorites. PS. Just noticed that I got Maisie the same dress Maci has on in the fam pics above in red. We picked up a black one at the children's place outlet for $.99. I should have grabbed a couple for your girls too!

The Wehrmeister's said...

How old is Uncle Keith. I know someone who is available (and no it's not me, although I know that my husband and almost 5 children is a great pick up line)

Kim said...

Uncle Keith is 30.

Kim said...

He might disown me for writing about this on my blog:).