
We're freezing over here. Now that the Great Snow Storm of 2011 has passed, I'm ready for this freezing weather to pass as well. Today I wore my scarf and I think it's the first time I've worn it since moving back here almost 5 years ago. Ok, I'll quit my whining now. Here's cute Juliet braving the frigid temperatures.
This is our neighbor's dog, Casey, playing hockey with Rich. Casey is a Chiweeney--Chihuahua/Weener dog mix. She's pretty fun--calm, well trained, confident (and likes playing hockey with Rich). Our family loves her and she loves us. She visits almost every day and sometimes 2 or 3 times per day, depending on how often her owner lets her out. Casey and Bailey are BFFs.
I think she's a little ridiculous looking. But in a cute way:) Sadly, her owner has to get rid of her. She has a new job and has long, long hours and poor Casey is locked up in her house all day long.
When I told Ryan and Rich that Casey would be going to a new family Ryan started bawling and Rich was really disappointed (probably bawling on the inside:) So now. . .Casey's moving in with us. We're giving it a week trial. I have a couple of issues with Casey that I have to make sure I'm ok with. Casey sheds a little and I hate pet hair around the house (and I need to make sure I'm not allergic to her). So, we bought a de-shedding brush. And Casey has really bad breath so I bought her dog breath mints. But. . .if all goes well then in a week we'll officially be a family of 7.



5 comments:
With all you have on your plate, your a good mom for accepting another "kid" in your house. :)
Casey looks almost identical to our Olive. How fun is that?
I think I would keep that dog just so I could tell people we have a Chiweeny. You are a good mom for taking in another pet :)
Christian told me today that he's ready for winter to be over--that this is the first time in a long time that the cold has really gotten to him. Because he's actually had to use a jacket this winter. Ha! Don't you love California?
WOW! You are amazing. I was just thinking you were too cool with one dog and thinking that my kids would love to be part of your family....I will not even think about any pets (not even a gold fish) at this point. Maybe when there aren't any babies in arms or crawling on the floors, MAYBE then I will consider one pet. One with no hair! :-)
I hope all goes well, especially with your allergies!
Post a Comment