Thursday, April 7, 2011

unremarkable title

Just a blog update:)

Macie is growing up fast and getting so brave and clever.

We got a little overexcited about masking tape one day. She doesn't look happy here but she thought it was awesome. I decided that in the future this could be a disciplinary technique.

Lately, Juliet goes from this. . .

to this (and vice versa) in a matter of nanoseconds. She's following in her siblings' footsteps and becoming quite the chatterbox. Every day she says at least 1 new word. Tonight it was monkey. She cracks us up and exhausts us. She's also quite devious and naughty at times-like when she purposely snatches Ryan's and Macie's things and bolts across the room. Or when she purposely turns off the tv while we're watching it and then bolts across the room. Or when she steals food from the pantry and bolts across the room. Maybe she'll be a runner someday.

Rich and Ryan had man time at the Sharks game. I think Rich has been waiting for this day for 6 years. Ryan was super excited (though, in this picture he seems more interested in the plane flying overhead). The girls and I went to Coldstone for our little date. I wish I would have remembered a camera. . .it was pretty darn cute.

Ryan was up way too late that night, had a giant meltdown when he came home, and was utterly exhausted the next day. It was totally worth it.

Sometimes I'm snippy, overwhelmed, impatient, distracted, and a little sassy. But, I'm pretty sure that we're doing some things right around here. We love their guts and they love ours.

p.s. Casey passed the test and is officially a part of our family.

2 comments:

Stacy Russon said...

cutest pictures Kim. Yes, you do so many things right. I remember watching you as a mom, thinking, "how is she so cool and relaxed?" You are always good at filling your children's needs and putting them above your own... love the date night the boys and the girls. Such a darling family. As for the dog(s), I couldn't do it, just one more reason your kids love you!

Sheelagh said...

You have such a cute family! And it looks like you have a lot of fun too!!