A lot of people ask me what mulberries look and taste like. They're very similar to blackberries. Except they grow on trees and you don't have to battle thorns.
We risk life and limb to find the yummiest black ones. I am not a fan of spiders and have had many run-ins with them. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for delicious cobblers, jam, and smoothies.
Things get a little bloody after a while.
This is Ryan's toothless mulberry-blood karate chop.
As you can see from her mouth, very few of the berries Macie picks make it into the bowl.
Rich and I have developed very different strategies. He's all about numbers. He moves fast, stays low and fills his bowl in minutes. However, I like a little challenge. And, it drives me bananas to see the perfect mulberry just out of reach. I climb to the tip top of the ladder, lean against the fence and teeter on the tops of the branches all for the sake of plucking those perfect specimens.






2 comments:
Uh, can I just say "Yum" !!! So are you guys stuck with red hands/feet/mouths for days after picking mulberries? Those are super fun pictures.
Wowee! Thanks so much for giving me some of the mulberries!
Post a Comment