Saturday, August 9, 2008
There's a little less of me to love. . .
So, I'm finally able to stand upright again. For three days I felt (and walked) like I was 150 years old. Rich has done a great job at trying to hold down the fort. It's been extra challenging--Ryan's eardrum ruptured and has been oozing. Rich gets the fun job of putting eardrops in his ears (and making Ryan stop putting his finger in his ear and licking the ooze). Macie's had diarrhea and a really, really, really bad rash. And I've basically been an invalid. And the dryer broke. So, yeah, Rich has gotten a pretty realistic taste of stay-at-home motherhood. Poor guy, I'm sure he's itching to get back to his cubicle and spreadsheets. My belly button looks gross. I was going to post before and after shots but really, the after is disturbing. And I'm the type that can handle disturbing medical stuff. I've come to appreciate some new things in life. For one, Vicodin:). And I've come to appreciate the body part formally known as my bellybutton. I also appreciate my abdominal muscles. I didn't realize how much I used them--like to clear my throat or roll over in bed or yell at Ryan (for licking his ear ooze, of course). Anyways, thanks to everyone for your nice thoughts and comments. It's funny how blog comments can really make you feel loved:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
a little less belly-button but a whole lot more bravery for both you and Rich. And boy doesn't licking ear-drum explosion goo sound yummy??? Feel better mama!
Hey Kim! Sounds like it's been one of those weeks! Hope you feel better soon!
I hope that you all recover quickly! I just wanted to let you know that I am going to go private for my blog. I don't think I have your actual email address. Soo email me and I will add you to list of the "select few" that get to view our blog. brookebjones@gmail.com
I want to see your bellybutton!
Post a Comment