Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wunderlich the Wonderland

For Labor Day we went on a hike. This is a rare event since we're inherently lazy people. Ok, at least I am. However, we thought it would be something new-ish for us. We went to Wunderlich Park which was beautiful, shady, and free to park at (which almost mattered more than the beautiful part). Ryan was so funny. He kept saying, "Come on guys, we're ALMOST there!" Little did he know that there was still 2 miles away. Macie enjoyed the ride on my back and Ryan walked most of the way with the occasional piggy back ride from Rich. Here are some of the highlights:


Ryan's currently obsessed with 3 things: tractors, trains, and snails so when we saw this bulldozer he was over the moon.


There was a fun tree with a hole right through the trunk. Ryan was born again.


Proof I was there.


Here's a redwood. This lens isn't very fancy and doesn't have a wide angle so there's not much tree in the picture. But imagine bigness.


I'll probably get the Bad Mother of the Year Award but Macie looked really funny "hiking" around.


Come on, who couldn't laugh at that?


Ryan pooped out on the way back to the car.


Speaking of poop there was a lot of it there and Ryan was kind enough to point it out to us every time he saw some. Rich couldn't stop cracking up. Someday we're going to have to grow up and be mature about this kind of stuff. Someday. . .



2 comments:

Bunch of Brooks' said...

That looks like a fun place to go. Where is it, I've never heard of it.
We're STILL working on the potty talk issue around here! It's hard to have to "grow up" sometimes!

Laura Lei said...

Hey Kim! I'm so glad you have a blog (I hope you don't mind if I start blog stalking). Your family is utterly adorable. Can you believe that we're grown up with kids? Strange.

Anyway, it's been fun and a little surreal reading through your blog, because it sounds so much like you. It's making me wish for a College Terrace reunion.