For example. . .

This box. It's sturdy, has a nice lid. And it's cute. Most boxes of paper come with 10 reams of paper but this one fits 5. It's mini. And anything mini is cute to me. Not just anything can go in this box. In fact I can't seem to find anything worthy to go in it. But, I just can't bear to part with it either.
Then. . .this deodorant. I got such a good deal on it--I think I spent .25 for each stick. However, I've developed a dislike of the scent (no offense to Soft & Dry aficionados). And, I can't throw out perfectly good deodorant! I could donate it to a shelter. . .but I feel lame driving to a shelter and handing them 3 sticks of Soft & Dry. Deodorant anyone?
Finally. . . my favorite. This one is pure delusion on my part.
After I graduated from BYU, I worked there full-time and was able to take classes for free. I decided to take fun classes that I had always wanted to take but never did. So. . .I took Basket Weaving. Let me tell you this class was challenging. I don't know where all the basket weaving jokes come from! Each basket was complex to make, took HOURS to weave and rubbed the skin right off my fingers. Anyways, I have lots of extra basket making stuff that I'd like to use someday to make another basket. What am I thinking? There are days that I don't hardly have time to go to the bathroom! So, let's face it. I'm not going to have HOURS to whip out some Appalachian-style basket. In the meantime (like for the last 7 years) I continue to haul it to every place we move to in the hopes that someday I'll be able weave again.
Do you have any junk that you just can't get rid of?


6 comments:
Love this post! Lol. Especially the part about driving to drop off 3 sticks of deodorant. I can always count on having a good laugh at some humorous remark you have about something. I'm sure there is SOMETHING I can't part with, but I can't think of anything right now. I know Brad can't part with a Shakira poster he has rolled up in some closet. He got it in Guatemala on the Mish. It's so incredibly lame. It just sits there and takes up valuable space :-)
Ok Kim, totally random but I took a basket weaving class in high school and still have all my crap too! Maybe we should get together and get those baskets complete! Lol.
I can't decide what the funniest part of this post is...
1. you took a basket weaving class.
2. I have the very same problem- and literally have a bag of cheap razors I will never use. or...
3. The picture you took to document the deodorant is better than any picture I've ever taken!
We are living at Mike's parents house. If you think you have junk... think again. Let me give you an example: There is a whole box of road maps upstairs. Road maps! From all over. So when do you think anyone is going to need a road map of an eastern state that was printed 10+ years ago?! I love Mike's folks, but they just really crack me up sometimes.
Since you're getting rid of your crap, why don't you take some of mine? Remember, one person's junk is another person's treasure:)
I'm very much the same, cursed way. I unfortunately bought into that awesome deal of deoderant and seriously dislike it (trying to avoid the word "hate" these days but that is what I typed first). It's like trying to rub a plastic block on my pits over and over because nothing seems to come off. Too bad age doesn't do the same thing to deoderant as it does fancy cheese.
Post a Comment