Saturday, March 5, 2011

Three little equations

I have an obsession and it has become a serious problem. I've been ignoring my children and neglecting housework even more than I usually do. For the last several weeks I've been scanning thousands of negatives, organizing several thousand digital photos, and uploading them to a photo storage website. It's been a little insane. And super fun. It's been pretty cool to see pictures from my and Rich's childhoods and notice glimpses of our kids' expressions in us. And after I saw my friend, Jen's, photo book with a comparison of her son, Luke's, baby pictures against hers and her husband's, I decided it would be fun to do here. And YOU can decide who has won the genetic competition between Rich and me. Oh, and I do apologize for the pixelated pictures. I enlarged them for comparison's sake and forgot to adjust the resolution and am too lazy to start over again. To begin, here's me:


Cuteness.

Nervous.

Scary hair and shirt.

Now Rich:

Isn't it funny how he looks exactly the same today but with more hair?

I know you all want a suit like that for your baby boys.

Awwww.

Ok, now Ryan:

When he was a baby people said ALL THE TIME how identical he looked to Rich. I beg to differ. What do you think?

Here's Macie Moo:


She's somewhat of a mystery to me. She definitely has more of the Bond eye shape and a little cleft in her chin like Rich, but I don't think she looks that much like him otherwise. My sister says she sees me in her, but I don't see it. What are your thoughts?

And Miss Juliet:

I see a little of me in her--the forehead and we both have cowlicks. But in her I see more of Rich. And who I really see in her is. . .

Rich's sister, Caroline.


Holy smokes, if you replace those blue eyes with Juliet's brown eyes, they'd look like twins. Do you agree?

4 comments:

Elaine said...

So, I think it's so true that spouses look alike- partly because we marry people that look like us. But your kids totally are a mix. Looking at yours and Rich's baby pics, I can see all your kids in both of you! But your toddler pic looks SO much like Macie and Juliet.

Jen said...

Ryan is definitely in your image, at least based on these pictures. And the girls, I definitely see more of Rich, especially Juliet and Rich's sister. Holy cow! Glad that I could give you a good idea. :)

Laura said...

Ryan is completely you. Totally.

Sheelagh said...

I don't know about the comparison. I have a hard time doing it with my own kids, but I do have to say that I recognize the "scary hair and shirt" picture. That was elementary school for sure. I LOVE that one! So cute and the shirt is a classic!