Monday, May 30, 2011

In the interest of keepin' it real

I've heard a lot of discussion lately about how mommy blogs can be too sugar coated and fake. As I re-read the post below I realized that my life may appear all too amazing. So, here's to keepin' it real:
1. We had a rat in our house. Sick, huh? IN OUR HOUSE. Not, like, in the garage or anything.
2. My house currently looks like the kind of house a rat would like to live in. I'd like to think it's because I've been sick for a few days but really, I'm just not feeling motivated to clean at all. And it's sort of been like this for a while.
3. I just can't handle all the whining lately. I want to peel my ears off. And sometimes I handle it in the most ineffective way possible---by yelling at them to stop whining. Brilliant of me, right?
4. I was exercising pretty regularly for a while and then had good reason to stop and now that reason is gone and I just can't get the desire to start again. And I feel guilty for the dumb money I paid for the gym membership. So, yeah, once I get over this cold I'm hoping to get a surge of desire to hit the gym again. A big surge.

K, that's it. Now you can read about my perfect life.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't think you're ever NOT real Kim. :) The world appreciates you for it!

Alan and Jeni said...

I have to agree with Jen. That's what I love most about you...that you always keep it real. :)