Monday, January 9, 2012

This is your brain. . .on motherhood.

Lately, my brain is like a snow globe with to-do's swirling around and around. Most days I feel like I'm floundering--like I have so much to do that I don't know what do to. And then I try to tackle my to-do list (yes, I have one) only to get distracted and waste time on trivial things. I've been researching ideas online and asking my uber organized friend how to do things better and I thought it would be appropriate to ask all 3 of my readers:) how they stay organized and remember everything. I'm not looking for perfection--but maybe like 85% efficiency. Anyone. . .anyone. . .Bueller?

6 comments:

Sheelagh said...

I hope you get some good comments/ideas because I could use the same advice for my life! Maybe it's that once you have more than 2 kids, there's just no possible way to be organized any more. :-)
Best of luck. Know that there are others out here like you!

Molly said...

I'm reading Unstuff Your Life. So far it has been great. Organizing my stuff is making my life easier. And--I'm trying to stop multitasking. One task at a time. It is actually helping. I get one thing done before I start another. Now if only I could apply that at work...

LJ, DC and ML said...

Mmm I think I'll read Molly's book. I have no real ideas except that when the motivation hits I have to jump on it. To do lists are my friend. When motivation is lacking I tailor the list to remind myself how much I really am accomplishing.

I hope you get some good comments. I could use them!

Molly said...

Oh! I have another thing I use. I'm emailing it to you right now. It's a daily to-do list that lives on my fridge. I have it in a frame so that I can write on it as needed and then wipe it clean again. I blogged about it here http://mollyauf.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-next.html but I'll send you the documents if you want to customize them and put them up. When I stick to it, my house is consistently tidy(ish). It's sticking to it that's hard.

Heidi said...

I like Getting Things Done - The Art of Stress Free Productivity by David Allen. I actually implemented a couple of his ideas and they have worked really well. btw - I used the lid on the blue jar you gave me and I love it.

Kim said...

Thanks guys:) Molly, I'll have to incorporate some type of categorized routine/to do list like yours in mine. I think for me, having one big list isn't cutting it anymore. I've got to break things down. I haven't done that yet because I didn't want to complicate things. But, my life can get complicated:) Heidi, I've heard great things about that book! I'll have to check it out at the library. I'm glad you like the lid:)