I've been needing to update my blog for a while. We moved from our 3rd floor apartment to a 1st floor apartment and I'm loving it. Rich is loving not having to haul our stuff down three flights of stairs. It's taken us 3 weeks to finally get phone and internet service working. You'd think it wouldn't be such a big deal since we barely moved but it turned out to be. In the meantime, here's what's been going on. . .

Ryan's gaming addiction continues. It was the Wii for a while until we sent him to detox (MUCH less Wii) and now he's moved on to my iPod. However, it's almost worth it because he's so hilarious while playing--check out the tongue action.
Rich is sort of working less. Every day he THINKS he'll be home at a "normal" time but all too often that means he's home after the kids are in bed. And every mom out there knows that once the kids are in bed the hard work is done. At least he's done with getting home at 11 pm or 2 am.
We recently went to Vasona Park. Ryan loved the train and the playground. He found a little girlfriend, Mia, whom (or is it who?) he picked flowers for. However, he got mad when I suggested he give the flowers to her. He thought the act of picking the flowers was good enough.
Here's Macie at Vasona Park. She also found a love interest, Gabriel, who followed her around most of the time. Macie's become a dude magnet. I always think little boys don't really care about little girls for a long time but there's always some little boy caressing her hair, "helping" her do something, or giving her a hug. Even the men at church seem to like her. I've been a little surprised at how many husbands have said very complimentary things about her. I always thought husbands don't really pay attention to the cuteness of babies (Maybe because Rich doesn't--unless it's his own kid). Ryan and I find ourselves having to watch out for her a lot because the attention can sometimes get overwhelming for her. Recently, a little boy kept paying her a lot of attention and Ryan was getting upset. Ryan told him to stop touching his little sister and the boy said, "She's cute and I can touch her if I want!"
Macie's still following in Ryan's footsteps and climbs everything she can. We've recently found her after climbing into the bathroom sink, climbing into the high chair on her own (which means climbing up a chair across the table and into her chair), and she's climbing all of our furniture. I can't believe she hasn't broken anymore bones. Knock on wood:).
Macie's developing more sassiness. The dramatic girly girl is kicking in and she's gotten really good at screaming at Ryan, throwing her body on the floor and kicking her legs, and declaring "Mine!" for anything she wants. Fun times.
Ryan got kicked out of preschool. Ok, sort of, but not really:). They changed their policy and decided to kick out 4 year olds to the next class up midyear instead of letting them stay in their current class until summer. The class he would be going into costs much more than the current one so we decided to keep him out until next Fall. He loved the class (don't judge by the photo) but I think I miss it more than he does. It was really nice to have some structure to our day.
I'm just getting big. I have about 11 weeks to go. I'm definitely getting more nervous because after doing this twice already I KNOW what's gonna hit me:). We're excited, too, and have been working on picking out a name.
That's the scoop. Hopefully I'll do a better job now that we're connected to the world again.






6 comments:
Macie is looking like such a big girl. I believe all the boys are going after her. she is such a heart breaker! Good luck with the next few weeks.
Alright!! I have been waiting for a new post and pics of your cute kids. I sent you an invite to my blog when I changed it to private. Let me know via email if you didn't get it (amyheppler@hotmail.com). 11 weeks left!!! You can do it. At least you don't have to climb all those stairs. We may be going to Disney in Dec. Hopefully we can see you (if you aren't too far, I don't know exactly where you are). Take it easy.
Macie really is too cute, but so is Ryan. I am glad you are connected again - I've missed your cute, cute family!
I'm so glad you're finally feeling settled! The kids are darling!
I have a girl after two boys...SHE"S the one who broke the pedestal mirror, she's the one who out-belches her brothers, she played with trucks and made mud patties, she's adorable and can hold her own! But, her brothers still fiercely protect her...
That's funny about the attention Macie gets. Maybe it's that sassiness:) Nobody can believe it when Lani throws those tantrums. They look so sweet, but have so much attitude.
Oh kim, macie is so grown up, all that hair, she IS a dude magnet, she is darling. Ryan never ceases to crack me up, I miss that boy. What names are you thinking of?... oh the last few weeks of pregnancy, dread. I feel for you and i am scared for you to experience 3 in an apartment, but I love you and I know you'll manage just fine, just wish I was there with ya.
Post a Comment