Saturday, April 18, 2009

She's our sunshine

Macie's 18 months old now and she's at such a fun stage. Her vocabulary has exploded lately and it's so fun hearing her say new things. Ryan definitely talked sooner and kind of gradually. Macie took a little longer, but man, things are really starting to take off. She's also developing some SERIOUS attitude. I've never heard the word NO so much in my life. And I'm a mom who has to say it a lot, thus I've heard it a lot.

I'm a little concerned for Macie when it comes to changes with the new baby, due to arrive in 6ish weeks. Macie's a mama's girl, a cuddler, likes to stay close by to me, my lap is home base. Ryan's always been my little bud but he's more assertive and independent. So, when this baby comes I think Macie's going to have a rough time. I'm not sure how we'll work things out but we're definitely going to do our best to give her some extra special attention. And in another 18 months I think she'll be loving the thing that will be upsetting her life very soon--her new little sister.

3 comments:

Dalene said...

She is still so, so cute. Seriously, slow down, Mr. Time!

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

I understand trying to help a little girl who likes to cuddle with mom adjust to a new baby. I think the best advice I got came from my mother. She told me to let the toddler help as much as possible and keep her included. I can remember nursing the baby with a toddler sharing my lap! Awkward but it worked. Just keep Macie included however you can. Don't shoo her away.

Berrett's said...

awww she is too cute! she looks sooo much like ryan in that picture! goodluck with the third! let me know when she comes!

tina