Friday, August 28, 2009

A long lost friend

A couple of months ago Ryan went camping with his Grandpa. I gave my dad explicit instructions not to help Ryan catch any critters because then he'd want to bring them home. Of course, the next day Ryan brought a lizard home--caught by the dad of a friend Ryan had made. Unfortunately, the little lizard looked dead and we told Ryan to go take it outside. When Ryan took it onto our patio it perked right up and scurried off into the bushes. Ryan was so sad. We tried to console him by telling him that maybe the lizard would come back someday. . .

And THAT it did! Today:).


And Ryan was even cool about letting it run off into the bushes again.

ETA: We do actually believe this is the same lizard. Ryan found it in the bushes in front of our apartment, we've never seen any other lizards around our building, and it really does look like the one that ran away.

5 comments:

Robin said...

That is the cutest pic ever!

Gordita said...

Really cute picture! I'm amazed at what a nice mom you are to have so many critters around. Also, who knew lizards could be like outdoor cats?

Anonymous said...

It probably is- we had a lizard in our house that lost it's tail(our cats had dragged it in from who knows where), and had very definitive markings. Ben released it down the street from our house and two weeks later it showed up again in our backyard- stubby tail and all. It finally got caught in a mouse trap and died. I think they have an internal homing device.

Dalene said...

I love the picture of Ryan and agree and you are one cool mom to allow all the critters around!

Rob said...

That's the cutest thing I've ever seen.. I'm so happy for him. -Melissa