Sunday, August 2, 2009

My herd

I have this many kids. . .



But by Silicon Valley standards I have this many kids.


I bet I get 2-3 comments every week about how many kids I have or how young they all are or how close the girls look in age. It's as if I don't already know:).

9 comments:

Stacy Russon said...

that is so funny Kim. I live in a family friendly, christian dominated area and I get the same comments every time I go somewhere in public. Its always... "Are they all yours?" I want to say, do you really think I would take my kids friends' to the store?! Its wierd how people respond. 3 and 4 isn't even that many!

Molly said...

This just made me laugh so hard! When people ask me how many kids I want, I usually say "3 or maybe 4." It might in reality be 4 or maybe 5, but I get enough raised eyebrows from "3 or maybe 4."

Jenni said...

My sister came to visit a couple weeks ago with her 5 kids. She got lots of comments/looks/raised eyebrows. I just think it's funny that people can't keep those thoughts to themselves. It's none of their business how many kids you have, so they need to just keep their mouth shut.

Gordita said...

1. Three children really isn't all that many.

2. They aren't THAT close in age.

3. They are adorable and not little thugs and will contribute to society.

4. Why do people who have freakish lives (like Octomom and Jon and Kate) get money and fame and attention, while people who have normal lives with normal numbers of children (like you) just get raised eyebrows? The land of "open minds" is full of people who are pretty narrow minded, no?

5. I think I just got myself really fired up about this issue. Better stop typing.

Marlies said...

I agree with Jenni's comment that it's no one's business how people have their families. I also agree with Gordita that those who claim to be open minded aren't as open as they'd like to think. Having said that I have learned this month that you really can't second guess families. Truly you don't know why someone like me has over 4 year gaps between children or less than a year. Do people not realize that some people can have difficulty getting pregnant while others are so fertile that sometimes even birth conrol can't prevent things? Aside from those struggles people make the choices that are right for their family so quit judging when you have no idea where that person has been. Perhaps those same people can't understand why people have children at all, but they are the ones missing out!

Bunch of Brooks' said...

Well, if you have 3 kids, but it feels like a zillion in the bay area, then what would I look like with my 5? Actually, I already know. I took all 5 to the mall when I was there and I got too many stares and comments. I think I'm considered crazy like the "octo-mom"!!

Dalene said...

Kind of funny, huh? Love the pics of your "other" kids.

Lindsay said...

I like your sense of humor. I also really like the pic of Ryan in the second column with the Quaker hat.

Alice Faye said...

Hey Kim, I have been catching up on blogs. Love your pictures. Loved our trip to Alaska with your Mom and Pop. We need a family reunion so we can see all 10 of your children in person. Or is it 12? HA!!