Saturday, March 1, 2008

Castle Rock

The rain has stopped again so today we went to Castle Rock. It's a fun place up in the Santa Cruz Mountains that has these giant rocks with fun nooks and crannies to climb around in. Ryan had a blast with Rich and grandpa. Grandma kept Macie entertained when she wasn't sleeping. I, of course, took pictures and carried Macie on my back.


Rich and Ryan celebrating after the treacherous climb to this cave.


Grandma humoring me for a photo.


Rich, Ryan and Grandpa on top of a big ol' rock.


Yay, I'm actually in a picture:). Macie loved the ride and seeing something other than the inside of our apartment.


Here's my National Geographic shot--we were looking for a place to sit for lunch and found a log right next to a ginormous ant hill with ginormous ants. At first the ground just looked like dried pine needles--until I noticed them moving. They were pretty fun to watch.

3 comments:

JonesFamilyBlog said...

I found you! I saw your comment at Carrie's blog and was hoping it was you and it was:) Your kids are beautiful and you look so great-I am glad I can read about you and your family now!

The Wehrmeister's said...

Okay, You look too good! You know how I feel about pretty people. Blah! It does look like you guys had a great time though.

Kim said...

You guys are so funny:). Tara, I'll have to check out your blog and add it to my list!