Sunday, June 14, 2009

Shenanigans

Don't be fooled into thinking that just because you have a girl you won't have to deal with. . .

Gymnastics on counter tops (toy ones AND real ones)






Scaling of furniture (6 ft. tall)




Olympic events on recliners and bookshelves








Parties in the bathroom sink




Disclaimers
1. I actually do supervise my daughter but she's very sneaky and quick.
2. Playing on her toy kitchen was actually safe compared to her previous activity--climbing onto the wall behind the kitchen (the kitchen has since been moved).
3. The toy shelves were very difficult to pull Macie down from when I was 9 months pregnant. So, I figured I might as well make it a Kodak moment. Notice in the first photo her reaction to us telling her to get down.
4. We were trying to block Macie from scaling the bookshelves by putting the recliner in front of them. She outsmarted us by pushing it away just a little, scaling the bookshelves and then diving onto the chair.
5. We have to have the step stool there so Ryan can wash his hands.
6. There are many, many other shenanigans that have not been photographed.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Macie is amazing! Someday she will win you the gold and it will all be worth it!

Bunch of Brooks' said...

Where do your kiddos get all their energy??...we still haven't had one quite like any of yours:)

LJ, DC and ML said...

Wooohoo! Looks like you've got a rock climber on your hands. And ps. what's a mama to do. Can you have an entire apartment without a single book case, etc? No. I think not.

Julianne said...

I'm still laughing--those shots are hilarious, and I love how utterly happy and proud she looks in most of them! That said, you ARE shattering my illusions of perfectly-behaved, quiet little girls. . . :)

JonesFamilyBlog said...

Those are some great pictures! She is such an adventurer. Yes, I know that innocent girl talk isn't real:)

Stacy Russon said...

Oh Kim you have your hands full, is that a new toy kitchen...? I'm glad you have one, I know you've always wanted one. Macie is cracking me up, her faces are hilarious in those pics. I've been thinking about you and wondering how your adjustment to 3 is, with Rich back at work.

Alice Faye said...

Amy was just like Macie. She was jumping off the fridge when she was about the same age. She could find candy at Grandma and Grandpa Gold's house even when they had it hidden way up in a closet. And one day I opened the door to my good friend and neighbor holding Amy's hand. She said, "I thought you might like to have this." She found her sitting on our mailbox with not a stitch on. What could you do but laugh-and still laughing.

Berrett's said...

WOW...that Macie is impressive!!! I can't believe she scaled that toy shelf! I remember seeing that...it was super tall! Juliet is adorable by the way...i love those pics of her...especially the one where she is wrapped up in that cute flower blanket in the bowl!

tina

Lindsay said...

What a little daredevil! That is really cute, though I'm sure it's not while it's actually happening. She should hang out with one of my nieces that learned to climb out of her crib at 12 months.

Julianne said...

Kim,

I like disclaimer #1. It applies to Eli too. Let's see who has more ER visits before Kindergarten :).

Stephen